We have studied guidelines from organizations including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), The American Dental Association (ADA), the Colorado Department of Public Health, and the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA). The staff and I have prepared for reopening via numerous webinars and study of current health recommendations. We can’t wait to see our wonderful patients!!
Patient safety and public health will continue to be top priority for all of us.
- We will screen our staff daily to make sure our staff are healthy. Our staff will wear recommended and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), as such materials are available during the crisis.
- We will screen patients before entrance to the office. We will use a forehead thermometer to check patients and essential family. Patients will be screened to inquire about COVID symptoms, contact with infected individuals and travel or other risks of COVID-19 infections.
- All patients and accompanying parent/caregiver must wear masks while in our office (patients will remove masks as needed for treatment).
- We must minimize the number of people visiting the office during this time. Adult patients must attend appointments alone. Minors and patients with special needs may be accompanied by ONE parent/caregiver. ADA guidelines recommend parents and other family members remain in the car during appointments. Safe distancing practices will be observed in the office.
- When patients arrive in the parking lot, please call us at (303) 872-7907 to check-in. We will advise when the office is ready for the patient to come in for the appointment.
- We will stagger the seating of patients to keep them separated in physical distance. After appointments, we will then disinfect the entire room.
- We will stagger the timing of patient scheduling to increase separation. This will reduce the number of patients and essential family members in the office at any given time. Adult patients may enter the office alone; minors/special needs may be accompanied by one adult.
- Patients will not have the opportunity to brush teeth in our office, in order to reduce infection risks. We ask patients to brush their teeth before coming to their appointments.
For your protection, we have removed all of our upholstered chairs and replaced them with solid surface furniture that we can disinfect after use. We removed magazines, books and toys from the reception area to reduce the risk of infection transmission. We will attempt to disinfect all areas of the office where patients (and accompanying parents) will visit us.
Feel free to call if you have any questions.
Dr. Varley DDS